Podcast     Twitter     Facebook     Xbox 360 Deals     Playstation Deals     Nintendo Deals     PC & Mobile Deals     All Latest Deals 

Last visit was: It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Frugal Fit Club
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:09 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: JEZ Blues
PSN Gamer Tag: jeblues
Twitter Username: Ian_Lennard
Steam Tag: JEBlues
bwortang wrote:
I never got to grips with Strava directly and the time recently I used it, it only logged my start and my end point when I started /stop my phone. I use the tomtom sport watch which links straight to strava, sometimes I think it updates my run before the tomtom is done!

next year I want to get my gear upgraded, need a new pair of runners and also dreaming into a Garmin 235.

picking up the c25k again at week 6, my knees are f***** at the moment, even giving it a week or 2's rest isn't cutting it so just going to battle on through, when I get back up to 5k regular runs I'm sure it will drop off, and changing the trainers too which I'm hoping to do.

I had the same problem with my knees until I learned some warm up routines and drills to do before running and then stretching when I had finished

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Frugal Fit Club
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:02 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Ugly Geezer
PSN Gamer Tag: UglyGeezer
Twitter Username: UglyGeezer
Steam Tag: UglyGeezer
Ben was asking about shoes (sorry for delayed response, life's throwing shit at me again),

These guys are superb.

https://www.sportsshoes.com

If you want a very rough idea of your gait, scroll down to the water test as well.I personally recommend New Balance trainers or asics.

On the subject of gait.. If any of you have a Runners Need shop near you, they can test your gait properly for free and you're under no obligation to buy from them (just get it done, go browse and leave).

Runners needs also do a price promise. So if you do see something you like, search on the above sportshoes.com and they will price-match.

Offline Profile E-mail Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:14 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Benjo321
PSN Gamer Tag: Benjo321
Twitter Username: Benjo321
UglyGeezer wrote:
Ben was asking about shoes...
Never mind the shoes I've had to buy a load of warmer gear as it's been icy cold the last couple of weeks.

Had a go at doing 1km splits on a nice route near me, trying out to do 5 x 1km with rests inbetween (aim being to do 6min/km's then reduce rest time gradually). Found it a bit difficult to judge my pace and was guessing sufficient rest time cause I couldn't be arsed stopping and starting the running app! Is that something that would be easier with a decent watch? Just quickly stopping and starting or setting intervals/laps, and glancing over to see live pace /distance would be extremely handy.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:44 pm 

I believe that some of the cheap watches can do intervals. I run with someone who uses a stopwatch to monitor the time

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:50 pm 

Got a Garmin 235 on sale the other day and did my first run with it today (I'll worry about how I'm gonna pay for it when the credit card bill arrives!). Pretty impressed so far, some nice little features and the whole Garmin Connect app and site seem pretty feature rich. Plus I have a watch face that is very reminiscent of Goldeneye with the health bar type things round the edge. It doesn't fire sleep darts or anything so I might knock a point off for that!

Did my first leisurely 10k last week. Felt pretty good although I have been struggling to feel well recovered since running every other day for a bit, so may drop back to 3 runs a week with a 2 day rest in there.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:19 am 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Ugly Geezer
PSN Gamer Tag: UglyGeezer
Twitter Username: UglyGeezer
Steam Tag: UglyGeezer
Wow Ben!

it took me a long time to get to 10K, well done!

I'm going to try a baby-run tomorrow.

Offline Profile E-mail Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:47 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: bwortang
PSN Gamer Tag: bwortang
Twitter Username: bwortang
Steam Tag: bwortang
Sickness and a chest infection has pretty much wiped me out this month. Hoping to go out today and just grab a 5k and ignore the plan. I know the distance and I've done the lap enough times.

That watch is quality Benjo, on my wish list the next time money becomes a thing.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:39 pm 

bwortang wrote:
Sickness and a chest infection has pretty much wiped me out this month. Hoping to go out today and just grab a 5k and ignore the plan. I know the distance and I've done the lap enough times.

That watch is quality Benjo, on my wish list the next time money becomes a thing.

Best of luck if you do go out Adam.

Heard there may be new Garmin models next year so might find some decent discounts nearer their release. Keyword alerts on hotukdeals app and a price alert on camelcamelcamel (Link) worked well for me, cheapest price it's been by quite a bit. Did follow a Frugal Amazon deal link when I bought, so if it worked I may have even helped subsidise Daz's next kebab! :-p

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:37 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: bwortang
PSN Gamer Tag: bwortang
Twitter Username: bwortang
Steam Tag: bwortang
Cheers Benjo, I heard of that camel site but not what it was about. Yea they usually do a yearly update like the iPhones for the watches. Mate had a Fenix 3 and is upgrading to a fenix 5.

I will keep those links close. At the start of the year I had 125 of Waitrose vouchers I was going to drop on this watch and the day I decided to do it they upped the price by 75 pound.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:36 am 

Benjo does your garmin have a recovery advisor on it as I find that is helpful as a guide. I follow both rizknows and dc rainmaker on you tube as they do some good reviews and guides on all things sport

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next