Podcast     Twitter     Facebook     Xbox 360 Deals     Playstation Deals     Nintendo Deals     PC & Mobile Deals     All Latest Deals 

Last visit was: It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Sony Xperia Z3
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:41 am 

Xbox Gamer Tag: dutch1585
PSN Gamer Tag: dutch1585
Twitter Username: dutch1585
So, I am going to ditch my iphone and get something a little more advanced for my money. I am pretty sure I am going to get this, before I do go for it, does anyone on here have one or an older version?

IS it really much different on Android now than iOS?

Currently own and play: PS4, PS3, PS2, PSOne, PSVita, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Mega Drive, Mega CD, Sega Game Gear, Sega Master System, Nintendo 64, Wii, Wii U and Xbox 360

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Sony Xperia Z3
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:02 am 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Benjo321
PSN Gamer Tag: Benjo321
Twitter Username: Benjo321
Android is totally fine. On my second Android handset now (Sony Xperia S, then HTC One M7) and never looked back since switching from iOS :-D

Most of the big apps have the same / similar versions on Android, but a few still come to iOS first or you have to sometimes find alternate apps.

The Xperias are very nice, especially if you want to do the PS4 remote play stuff. Sony weren't very good in the past for sending out software updates on mine (very slow and they abandoned their 'flagship' device very quickly), but this may have improved in the last 18 months.

HTC One M8 and the son-to-be-announced Nexus 6 worth a look also. Couple of my mates jumped on the M8 recently and said it was a breeze to move everything over from iPhone.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:28 am 

thanks for the reply,

I am really interested in the PS integration and the long battery life so think I am going to go for this one.

Sony advertise on their site that you can move you're info across from an iPhone in an app or something so I would expect it to be similar.

I do feel a little stupid now looking at the power of Android phones compared to the overpriced and a little behind everyone else tech that Apple are putting out, they just aren't innovating any more.

Currently own and play: PS4, PS3, PS2, PSOne, PSVita, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Mega Drive, Mega CD, Sega Game Gear, Sega Master System, Nintendo 64, Wii, Wii U and Xbox 360

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:02 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: ContraryRhombus
PSN Gamer Tag: ContraryRhombus
Twitter Username: ContraryRhombus
The transfer is easy from an iPhone to an Xperia these days. Install PC Companion on your PC and you can transfer an iPhone back up to the Xperia. Nice and easy.

I am incredibly tempted to get he new Xperia tablet if it has the same PS functionality

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:40 pm 

Glad its easy to copy stuff across.
The remote play is definitely something that has got me interested.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:41 pm 

Pretty much the only reason I'd look at the tablet. It is a nifty idea, and being able to use the DS4 is such a huge benefit. Looking forward to trying it out at work

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:45 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Jack1982
Twitter Username: @jon_wythenshawe
Steam Tag: Elmonk2
I have one of these absolute beasts. You can feel just how much the 3GB of RAM helps when you manuever between apps and have several chrome pages open. It launched WITHOUT the PS4 shareplay thingy.... plus you really need the connecting part for your PS4 pad.

That aside it has two front facing speakers that are absolutely crisp with sound.

I will say this : Moving from iPhone to this particular Xperia may frustrate you - yes its dust and waterproof, but the setttings NEED to be messed with in order to getthe best out of them, music and picture taking especially. iPhone are pretty much as user friendly as soon as they are out of the box.

Great phone from what i've used of it

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:47 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Noz UK
PSN Gamer Tag: Noz_UK
Twitter Username: Noz_UK
Steam Tag: Noz_UK
Game Center Tag: Noz_UK
ive been looking at this phone as well, purely from the PS Intergration side of things which really interests me, my current phone (iphone 5) is pretty much on its last legs, battery is crap and doesn't hold its charge, 100% at 6am, then by the time its about 9/10 am its down 40%, and thats not even really using it, just a few notifications.

I was tempted to get the thing fixed, but wanted to wait til iphone 6 was out, but now just not sure if to upgrade, again price is a major factor, but have had iphones for a few years now since iphone 4 came out and just so use to iOS, so never had a android phone.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:23 pm 

I'm trying to get my Sony rep to give me one at work. No luck so far

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:05 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Jack1982
Twitter Username: @jon_wythenshawe
Steam Tag: Elmonk2
The keyboard on this thing is typically awful. Something of a standard for android sadly. However there are a few free alternatives from the app store. Go android... We have no drm and unlimited viruses!

Offline Profile E-mail