Podcast     Twitter     Facebook     Xbox 360 Deals     Playstation Deals     Nintendo Deals     PC & Mobile Deals     All Latest Deals 

Last visit was: It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:49 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Last TV Show You Watched
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:15 am 

PSN Gamer Tag: walcalr01
Twitter Username: walcalr01
Steam Tag: walcalr01
I think there's a similar post in here but I thought it could do with a bit of a reboot.

Bosch
I loved the noir feel of it and though I've watched plenty of cop shows this was quite 'refreshing' for me. Definitely considering keeping my prime membership after the 30 day trial is over with season 2 coming in march :-o

19-2
I can't believe I managed to get through 2 seasons so quickly but it was certainly an emotional rollercoaster especially with the opener for season 2 which took place during a school shooting which felt quite real. One thing that stuck out was that no character was perfect especially the one's you didn't expect ;-)

Sleepy Hollow
Just finished season 1 and now 5 episodes into season 2. Its strange they never added comedy to the genre catagory especially when Crane (who's played brilliant by Tom Mison) is trying to get used to modern day tech and language as sometimes it just leaves me in stitches especially when you hear his voicemail intro :lol:

*update*
I finally completed season 2 and it left me wanting more :cry: sucks that I have to wait for it to finish on us tv as well as then air here. Out of all the shows it could collaborate with next the perfect one would be Grimm though that would require all sorts of negotiations between the networks :lol:

My gaming youtube check it out: https://www.youtube.com/user/walcalr01/videos

Last edited by walcalr01 on Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Last TV Show You Watched
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:19 am 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Benjo321
PSN Gamer Tag: Benjo321
Twitter Username: Benjo321
The Jinx
The world and his wife's dog seem to have been banging on about Netflix's Making a Murderer, which was undoubtably compelling viewing but left me wanting more (and specifically something a bit more balanced). The Jinx is another true crime documentary series with all the twists, turns and mysteries you'd expect and manages to pull off a satisfying conclusion

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:15 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Gaffka2049
Twitter Username: Gaffkaesque
Steam Tag: Gaffka
YES! Just finished Making a Murderer and I wanna watch The Jinx now.

I've also started West of Memphis on Netflix last night but it's pretty grim stuff. Quite upsetting and not for the faint-hearted, but compelling true-life crime drama.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:56 am 

PSN Gamer Tag: Audioworm
Twitter Username: Audioworm
Steam Tag: Audioworm
Master of None - Aziz Ansari's (Tom Haverford from Parks and Recreation) first TV show and another Netflix production. It is truly wonderful, and is the first show that I feel has captured the feeling of being a 20-something today (especially if you are like me, and live in a big city).

Aziz Ansari and Noel Wells are just amazing when acting together.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:05 am 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Ugly Geezer
PSN Gamer Tag: UglyGeezer
Twitter Username: UglyGeezer
Steam Tag: UglyGeezer
I don't watch much... Over the holiday season I dipped into a few.

We tried Jessica Jones.

I didn't grab me, I felt it was still a bit dumb and tried far too hard to be gritty without ever managing to hit a nerve or my interest.

We only managed one episode, but it will become a regular - Narcos onm Netflix. I was really impressed.

We also started watching Season 2 of The Leftovers

2 episodes in. I fucking love this show! so dark, so weird, so uneasy. Fantastic productions values, writing, acting and creativity. It won't be everyone's cupof tea, but I'm so glad this got made.

Offline Profile E-mail Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:07 am 

Watched all of Luther back to back in a few days and loved it. Best show i have seen in ages.
On to the Fall now and 3 episodes in its not got the must watch the next episode hook like Luther did for me, but i will finish it in the next week or 2.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:14 am 

Xbox Gamer Tag: bwortang
PSN Gamer Tag: bwortang
Twitter Username: bwortang
Steam Tag: bwortang
Have just been watching Deutschland 83, all in the German with the subtitles, I was in Holland in the late 80's so missed all of this, lots of tension between the east and west Germany and finding it quite an interesting experience knowing this was in my lifetime.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:24 pm 

UglyGeezer wrote:

We only managed one episode, but it will become a regular - Narcos on Netflix. I was really impressed.

I thought that was a good show, if your interested there's another tv show on there about Escobar called "Escobar, el Patrón del Mal" though its like about 71 episodes long.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:56 pm 

PSN Gamer Tag: Audioworm
Twitter Username: Audioworm
Steam Tag: Audioworm
Dipping in and out of Making a Murderer, only a few episodes in but so far it is definitely very intriguing well made.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:15 pm 

Up to episode 8 of Jessica Jones. Quite enjoying yet wowzers Kilgrave is much more dark and disturbing than any other villain I've come across though I dunno whether to hate him or like him. Every episode so far has been changing my opinion :lol: *update* finished.

Hopefully either today or tomorrow I will finish up and begin on Daredevil season 2
*update* Finished it and it was quit an enjoyable season, bit predictable near the end but I'm definitely looking forward to future shows coming up in the cinematic universe.

Hap and Leonard was an alright show bit too fast paced trying to fit bits from the novel into 6 episodes, kind of feels like a replacement for Justified.

I'm nearing the end but its a shame they axed Constantine though it felt so similar to Supernatural especially with that ever going "darkness rising" story they kept pushing up.

Offline Profile E-mail