Podcast     Twitter     Facebook     Xbox 360 Deals     Playstation Deals     Nintendo Deals     PC & Mobile Deals     All Latest Deals 

Last visit was: It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100 ... 102  Next
 Post subject: The Last Film You Watched
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:53 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Benjo321
PSN Gamer Tag: Benjo321
Twitter Username: Benjo321
UglyGeezer wrote:
I saw Tony Erdmann
It's near the 3 hour mark, that's too long. If you see it (it's well worth it and it is very funny at times), sneak in some good Scooby-snacks and get comfy.
It's my mission to try and stay awake tonight while watching this.

And if you think this is long I've just finished off watching OJ: Made in America which was almost 8 hours long so it's taken me 3 days to get through!
It does make you question how long something can be to be still considered a film, but it has been shown theatrically in its entirety so fair play I suppose.
It is a really fascinating documentary, not just looking at the court case of OJ Simpson, but looks into his past as an athlete growing into the life of a celebrity, and also the wider ranging issues of racial inequality in the justice system.

Same sort of gripping viewing that Making a Murderer was, absolutely essential so grab it while it's still on iPlayer :-)

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post subject: The Last Film You Watched
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:56 am 

Toni Erdmann didn't feel overly long to me but wasn't quite blown away as much as I was expecting (still great though). Although seeing a comedy with only 3 other cinema-goers each on their own was a bit of a weird experience so that might have added to my slightly muted reception. Had a couple of really hilarious moments but I loved the low key gentler and tender moments a lot more.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The Last Film You Watched
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:37 am 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Ugly Geezer
PSN Gamer Tag: UglyGeezer
Twitter Username: UglyGeezer
Steam Tag: UglyGeezer
Benjo321 wrote:
Toni Erdmann didn't feel overly long to me but wasn't quite blown away as much as I was expecting (still great though). Although seeing a comedy with only 3 other cinema-goers each on their own was a bit of a weird experience so that might have added to my slightly muted reception. Had a couple of really hilarious moments but I loved the low key gentler and tender moments a lot more.

Yes. A very misleading trailer and strange quotes as well.

I found it quite.... sad I guess is the wrong word... I guess tender is right, even pensive.

Offline Profile E-mail Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:01 am 

Logan was a fantastic surprise actually.

I loved the first couple of X-Men films but there have been many more misses than hits throughout the series and spinoff Wolverine films, so my expectations were quite low.
Logan feels like nothing else in the series with its visceral and quite frankly gruesome violence (I think Deadpool's success paved the path for this). However, when the action dies down there is a much more reflective and emotional tale to be told and it's been done superbly well. It almost evokes the same vibes as an independent drama at times which was so refreshing to see such a mature approach to a superhero film.

Loved it.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:51 pm 

I too saw Logan

I'm not a fan of Wolverine or Hugh Jackman.

I can only really repeat what Ben said and a bit of my own waffle. It's a grown-up superhero movie. Properly grown up, with emotions and all.

Deadpool set the way, but Deadpool was immature. I hope at least the Xmen go this way and explore the grittier side, so I hope this does really well, it deserves to.

I would eat my hat if this film hadn't been influenced by The Last of Us.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:09 pm 

PSN Gamer Tag: walcalr01
Twitter Username: walcalr01
Steam Tag: walcalr01
2 films I checked out recently were Taken 3, Wolf Warriors and Kingsman (all of which can be found on Netflix)

Taken 3
For a final outing this was kind of meh as it just felt even more stereotypical of a revenge movie. I feel like they should have given Forest Whittaker and his underlings more of a role in this as they just gave this ex government agent free reign to kill bad guys throughout the entire film.

Wolf Warrirors
If you put aside the horrid cgi (the wolf attack and the halo dive were absolutely shit |_() ) and somewhat underused bad guys (The only good ones were the sniper and the head guy) this is a very good action film considering the main guy has to act and direct.

Kingsman
Can't believe its taken me this long to watch such a brilliant and funny film. I laugh at how many bond references there are in this its that ridiculous :lol:

Mark Hamill's english accent is so incredible :shock:

My gaming youtube check it out: https://www.youtube.com/user/walcalr01/videos

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:28 pm 

Saw Kong Skull Island the other day. When it's being a creature feature it's pretty entertaining, but the rest of the time it's just incredibly dull.
I hadn't realised when I went in to see it that it's the same director that made 'The Kings of Summer', which is a fantastic indie film, so this was pretty disappointing to see him make this.

There's apparently a post credits scene if anyone else goes to see this. Didn't know about it and I couldn't get out of the cinema quick enough when it had finished! :lol:

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:28 pm 

Today I saw.......

ELLE

Another film that wasn't I what expected.

What looks like it's going to be some sort of 'rape-revenge' yarn, actually ends up being something else.

It's a thriller, it's taut, it's rather messed up and very dark. It manages to sit in a very believable space and I could see the logic behind its premise.

I'm sounding weird because I wouldn't want to spoil anything at all. It's expertly directed and acted. Well worth a watch.

Also, rather strangely.. The film is based around a producer of a videogame that is a background theme throughout. It uses a real game (Styx), which seemed an odd thing to do, given the subject matter.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:49 pm 

PSN Gamer Tag: walcalr01
Twitter Username: walcalr01
Steam Tag: walcalr01
I saw Logan on thursday and what a film :shock:

If its true about it being Hugh Jackman's final wolverine role then it was definitely a worthwhile end :-D

It even made my sister tear up :lol:

My gaming youtube check it out: https://www.youtube.com/user/walcalr01/videos

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:35 am 

Last night I saw

Graduation

It's a Romanian film, I think the second I've seen from this director. I really didn't like the last film of his I saw, but I think that was more about me.

This is one of those very insightful little film, that manages to convey a complicated moral tale. An insight into a broken family as one man morally unravels trying to do the right thing.

His daughter is nearly raped. Her exams are about to take place and if she does well, she has a place in Cambridge Uni. a chance to get away from the perceived corruption at home.

Romania seems to have a thriving film industry, I see more than my fair share of Romanian films, they're always quite analytical and questioning about their own morals and values.

Anyway, it's a very good slow paced film.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100 ... 102  Next