Podcast     Twitter     Facebook     Xbox 360 Deals     Playstation Deals     Nintendo Deals     PC & Mobile Deals     All Latest Deals 

Last visit was: It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:10 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1023 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103
 Post subject: The Last Film You Watched
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:33 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Benjo321
PSN Gamer Tag: Benjo321
Twitter Username: Benjo321
UglyGeezer wrote:
I'm just back from seeing Call Me by Your Name

I hadn't read anything about this at all before going.

Turns out it was a very well made coming of age tale. Not something I would normally be interested in at all, but it's half-price Monday and the rest all looked like shit.

It was beautiful.

I went to see that last week and thoroughly enjoyed it. Has some really beautiful moments and the way it's shot, location and music just add to a very warm and 'nice' atmosphere.

Also watched Blade of the Immortal, the 100th(!) film by Takashi Miike.

Pretty standard samurai revenge type affair but pretty well made and not as bonkers as a lot of his previous works.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:30 am 

Saw a little indie called Star Wars: The Last Jedi but I doubt anyone's heard of it!
No spoilers here, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I did enjoy The Force Awakens but felt it was a bit safe and too indulgent in the fan service (but still very good). This is a lot more bold and adventurous and while I'm delighted that Rian Johnson is in charge for 3 more installments, I'm not entirely convinced JJ Abrams has the writing or directing chops to match this in Episode 9.

It's a lot of fun, tonally much more comedic than I'd ever have imagined, but it really works. Mostly very well paced (except one segment) but moves along briskly so the 2.5 hours never once felt drawn out.

Not sure where this sits yet (needs a few more watches), but it's gotta be well up there amongst the original and Empire.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:16 pm 

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

The directors' previous films In Bruges and Seven Psychopaths were a lot of fun so was expecting this to be a similar laugh out loud hoot as those. I think the tone of the trailer sets this up to be something it isn't, it's a much more layered, thoughtful film than I expected. There's a lot of depth to the characters and they're wonderfully performed, especially by Frances McDormand, Woody Harrelson and Sam Rockwell.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1023 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103