Podcast     Twitter     Facebook     Xbox 360 Deals     Playstation Deals     Nintendo Deals     PC & Mobile Deals     All Latest Deals 

Last visit was: It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:33 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: XBOX One advice
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:51 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Noz UK
PSN Gamer Tag: Noz_UK
Twitter Username: Noz_UK
Steam Tag: Noz_UK
Game Center Tag: Noz_UK
UglyGeezer wrote:
There's a positive I can go with.... batteries.

wsionynw wrote:
The Xbox one controller takes AA batteries or you can buy a play and charge kit (various types available).

Guess at least i have 2 options to try out.

nory316 wrote:
Xbone is the superior console for me. The games with gold are far better than the indie guff on psn and a year of gold can be picked up for £20.

Gears, Halo, titanfall and forza are all decent exclusives that are worth a look. The dashboard is admittedly shit but the ability to stream to a windows 10 laptop works like a dream if you can't get near the telly.

Also the controller is a lot more robust with decent battery life in the rechargeable pack. Never had an issue with voice chat tbh.

It's my personal favourite (although I can see why others prefer sony)

Cheers Nory, yh i have noticed the PS+ games just seem to be Indie, some are good, well not that many tbh lol. I take it the year of gold for £20 is from cdkeys?

Yh Forza was the other game which looks amazing, and played Gears once on a 360 back in the day, and quite enjoyed that too, but heard nothing but good things about Titanfall from peeps from Frugal, and others said its was a good one.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:22 am 

Xbox Gamer Tag: frugalnory
PSN Gamer Tag: nory316
Twitter Username: nory1884
Steam Tag: frugalnory
Game Center Tag: frugalnory
Yeah, I got mine from cd keys. It was around the £20 mark. Since I got the Xbone I've played tomb raider, assassins creed and theif for free through gold. Compared to what's on psn it's night and day.

Titanfall is superb but if your buying ea access it's included in that. Still plenty of folk playing it, even now it makes COD look inferior and that's two years down the line. You also get back fifa, ufc and Madden titles in there as well as battlefield. Dlc is extra though.

Gears is a quality title and Halo is pretty good if not revolutionary. Forza is definitely well worth a look though, it's particularly shiny and well done.

Would recommend picking up the rechargeable kit and a cradle. Never once had the rechargeable battery run out, even after marathon sessions.

In reality there's not all that much between the consoles I think it just comes down to personal choice. The great Sony first party drought of content (which is still continuing) pushed me towards Xbone and that's now where I prefer to play tbh.

Edit to add : Halo MP is pretty good, the campaign is utter pish unless you enjoy shooting the same tedious boss in the back over and over.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:02 am 

Liking the thread here and will get one soon.
Love Titanfall on the 360 and look forward to it on Xbox one --@

And been stocking up on Xbox one games via Live for a while now so will have an instant library when i boot up :-D

Last edited by WRETRO on Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:15 am 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Ugly Geezer
PSN Gamer Tag: UglyGeezer
Twitter Username: UglyGeezer
Steam Tag: UglyGeezer
At the end of the day, it's not about consoles, it's about games... Most (if not all) of my console gaming these days is social/games nights.

We haven't had one Xbox games night where voice-chat was audible, where people haven't been booted left, right and centre. People constantly booted out of games and chat.

The interface was made with Kinect in mind, they're addressed that somewhat, but it's still a mess.

I was accused of being 'partisan' on Twitter when someone read this. I have no loyalty to a fucking plastic box, I can only tell you my experience with it and my experience with the Xboner has been nothing but frustration.

Offline Profile E-mail Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:09 pm 

Thanks guys for the feedback, just setting the thing up now, after it runs its 3.5GB update!!! i'll probably will get EA Access for now. I assume the credit you can buy on Cdkeys for example can be use towards purchasing EA Access, of course im assuming it works just like PSN credit??

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:25 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Ugly Geezer
PSN Gamer Tag: UglyGeezer
Twitter Username: UglyGeezer
Steam Tag: UglyGeezer
Noz_UK wrote:
I assume the credit you can buy on Cdkeys for example can be use towards purchasing EA Access, of course im assuming it works just like PSN credit??

Sadly not, I think you have to pay with a card. Make sure you cancel after, after the thieving cunts use it for auto-renewal on everything.

Offline Profile E-mail Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:27 pm 

UglyGeezer wrote:
Sadly not, I think you have to pay with a card. Make sure you cancel after, after the thieving cunts use it for auto-renewal on everything.

Cheeky fookers eh, well i guess they probably count on the ones who forget.

Actually i did notice somewhere they stopped with stacking of Xbox Live membership, so guess another reason to to cancel.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:19 pm 

Ok all up and running, just started to download Gold games, but for some reason when i goto the website to access the 360 games, its keeps asking me to Join, even tho im logged in and i can see the subscription, am i doing something wrong?

I did use a prepaid card from cdkeys, so not sure if that makes a difference.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:25 am 

Xbox Gamer Tag: frugalnory
PSN Gamer Tag: nory316
Twitter Username: nory1884
Steam Tag: frugalnory
Game Center Tag: frugalnory
Noz_UK wrote:
Ok all up and running, just started to download Gold games, but for some reason when i goto the website to access the 360 games, its keeps asking me to Join, even tho im logged in and i can see the subscription, am i doing something wrong?

I did use a prepaid card from cdkeys, so not sure if that makes a difference.

Shouldn't make a difference. I just went in and downloaded Sacred citadel via my phone and I have a cd keys sub. I just clicked the "buy" icon under the game and it's now in my library FOC. Perhaps try a differet browser? I used chrome mobile and it worked ok.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:13 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: bwortang
PSN Gamer Tag: bwortang
Twitter Username: bwortang
Steam Tag: bwortang
Had mine for just over a year now and for positives I can say external Hard drive!!, EA access is definitely a bargain and saved a few coins and it's also good for the kids.

If you jump on any of the racing games and spot an erratic Bwortang then it's likely to be one of the boys!, my pile of shame is strong with the bone, came with the AC pack which I've never tried, Titanfail, Sunset Overdrive and Alien Isolation.

Comms seem to be pretty similar on both systems, which is why we usually stick with the external Skype, an hearing someone say 'Xbox record that' over chat makes me want to poke out retinas.

Offline Profile E-mail