Podcast     Twitter     Facebook     Xbox 360 Deals     Playstation Deals     Nintendo Deals     PC & Mobile Deals     All Latest Deals 

Last visit was: It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:36 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: XBOX One advice
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:35 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Noz UK
PSN Gamer Tag: Noz_UK
Twitter Username: Noz_UK
Steam Tag: Noz_UK
Game Center Tag: Noz_UK
ok, got one arriving tomorrow, and first time with Xbox since the original was released, so this is all new to me, what would you advise/do i need to get with it?

I know Xbox live is required, what about EA Access, is this any good or worth the £3.99 a month?

Games? Just been trawling through the forums and notice Halo Guardians seems quite popular, not played Halo since first one on Xbox, and notice the latest deal from game for the edition for £29.99. Any other must games?

Plus any other helpful advice would be much appreciated guys :-D

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: XBOX One advice
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:07 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Ugly Geezer
PSN Gamer Tag: UglyGeezer
Twitter Username: UglyGeezer
Steam Tag: UglyGeezer
Best advice..... send it back.... seriously :-|

Failing that, be patient, it really does stink. The interface is shit, the voice-chat is broken.

EA access is decent value, but be sure to turn off auto renewal (as with XBL Gold, even if you use a pre-paid card).

Offline Profile E-mail Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:17 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: WsionynW
PSN Gamer Tag: chungobilly
Twitter Username: wsionynw
EA Access is great value if you're gonna make the most of it, so check out the games before you pay for it.
The games; Titanfall is incredible, Halo 5 is about as good a Halo game as you could hope for, and that's about it as far as the exclusives go for me. But, some very promising games on the horizon; Cuphead, Crackdown 3, Sea Of Thieves, and the backwards compatible list is steadily growing.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:28 pm 

UglyGeezer wrote:

Failing that, be patient, it really does stink. The interface is shit, the voice-chat is broken.

EA access is decent value, but be sure to turn off auto renewal (as with XBL Gold, even if you use a pre-paid card).

That bad Mr Geezer eh? i know its been having faults, and know of loads of Xbox users moving across to the superior console PS4 ;-) I can be patient at times.

wsionynw wrote:
EA Access is great value if you're gonna make the most of it, so check out the games before you pay for it.
The games; Titanfall is incredible, Halo 5 is about as good a Halo game as you could hope for, and that's about it as far as the exclusives go for me. But, some very promising games on the horizon; Cuphead, Crackdown 3, Sea Of Thieves, and the backwards compatible list is steadily growing.

Cheers for that, i'll take a look at those, have heard of Crackdown before, Did see Titan Fall being £6 or something on the store for Gold members?? or was that just DLC.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:40 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Benjo321
PSN Gamer Tag: Benjo321
Twitter Username: Benjo321
Wasn't a huge fan of Halo 5 to be honest, and it was the main reason I got an Xbox One!
The new Tomb Raider is meant to be superb and should be about £25 now.

I've been impressed with EA Access, but if you tend to buy and play a lot of them already might not be as good value. Best part for me is being able to play new EA releases a week before they come out in the 10 hour full game trial. Great for games like Battlefront which I didn't really want to spend £45 on release and can jump on for the odd game here and there with mates until my 10 hours is used up.

Tips: Make sure to download the Games with Gold. You can play all the 360 GwG on the One as they're backwards compatible but have to 'purchase' them via the xbox website as they don't show up on the Xbox One console store for some reason.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:45 pm 

UglyGeezer wrote:

I disagree with everything in that post sorry UG :P

Voice chat works here without issue and I find joining games/parties easier than on PS4 tbh. Interface is fine from a users point of view granted it's not as slick as ps4 but it does what it needs to do.

Purchase wise it is considerably easier to buy games/credit from overseas stores and save a decent amount on uk digital prices. It's also possible to "share" your digital library with another xbox user and split the cost. Needs to be someone you trust mind!!

You can tell a difference in the multiplatform games to the ps4 if you look hard enough but I can barely tell the difference when playing.

Xbox has decent media options as well, can cast from phone and pick up files from the network without issue.

Oh and you can order dominos when playing a game :D

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:58 pm 

Benjo321 wrote:
Wasn't a huge fan of Halo 5 to be honest, and it was the main reason I got an Xbox One!
The new Tomb Raider is meant to be superb and should be about £25 now.

I've been impressed with EA Access, but if you tend to buy and play a lot of them already might not be as good value. Best part for me is being able to play new EA releases a week before they come out in the 10 hour full game trial. Great for games like Battlefront which I didn't really want to spend £45 on release and can jump on for the odd game here and there with mates until my 10 hours is used up.

Tips: Make sure to download the Games with Gold. You can play all the 360 GwG on the One as they're backwards compatible but have to 'purchase' them via the xbox website as they don't show up on the Xbox One console store for some reason.

I agree about the EA Access, think if i had tried the Battlefront game before just jumping in and buying for PS4, i might of waited a bit before actually purchasing, I do like the idea of EA access, and i do tend to purchase a few EA games throughout the year anyway, so think this might be ideal for myself.

but cheers for the tip as well as wouldnt of known that, but saying that, PS4 store is the same now isnt it, they use to show PS3 games, even though couldnt download, but could add them to your purchase list and now they have been removed, so have to do it through the store.

Hippyadam wrote:

I disagree with everything in that post sorry UG :P

Voice chat works here without issue and I find joining games/parties easier than on PS4 tbh. Interface is fine from a users point of view granted it's not as slick as ps4 but it does what it needs to do.

Purchase wise it is considerably easier to buy games/credit from overseas stores and save a decent amount on uk digital prices. It's also possible to "share" your digital library with another xbox user and split the cost. Needs to be someone you trust mind!!

You can tell a difference in the multiplatform games to the ps4 if you look hard enough but I can barely tell the difference when playing.

Xbox has decent media options as well, can cast from phone and pick up files from the network without issue.

Oh and you can order dominos when playing a game :D

i think the party chat is hit and miss with people with both Consoles, i know a few people on my PS4 friends list always have issues, and then have days when it works fine.

I have noticed the increase of deals on xbox digital sales overseas as well, so really wasnt sure how it worked, im guessing i have setup a new account for each country??

Im currently checking if Dominoes deliver to me ;-)

Something i did forget to ask, is peripherals for xbox, controllers, and ive seen the charge and play kits? are these essential?, is it not like PS4 controller where you leave the USB cable in while you play to charge??

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:27 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: WsionynW
PSN Gamer Tag: chungobilly
Twitter Username: wsionynw
The Xbox one controller takes AA batteries or you can buy a play and charge kit (various types available).

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:32 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Ugly Geezer
PSN Gamer Tag: UglyGeezer
Twitter Username: UglyGeezer
Steam Tag: UglyGeezer
There's a positive I can go with.... batteries.

Offline Profile E-mail Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:42 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: frugalnory
PSN Gamer Tag: nory316
Twitter Username: nory1884
Steam Tag: frugalnory
Game Center Tag: frugalnory
Xbone is the superior console for me. The games with gold are far better than the indie guff on psn and a year of gold can be picked up for £20.

Gears, Halo, titanfall and forza are all decent exclusives that are worth a look. The dashboard is admittedly shit but the ability to stream to a windows 10 laptop works like a dream if you can't get near the telly.

Also the controller is a lot more robust with decent battery life in the rechargeable pack. Never had an issue with voice chat tbh.

It's my personal favourite (although I can see why others prefer sony)

Offline Profile E-mail