Podcast     Twitter     Facebook     Xbox 360 Deals     Playstation Deals     Nintendo Deals     PC & Mobile Deals     All Latest Deals 

Last visit was: It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Elgato Capture Cards.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:56 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Noz UK
PSN Gamer Tag: Noz_UK
Twitter Username: Noz_UK
Steam Tag: Noz_UK
Game Center Tag: Noz_UK
I just got a cable today thunderbolt to hdmi, and using just a LG HD small tv as second screen to have the live stream and also had this in theatre mode so i could see the chat it does the job, but thanks for the link for chat being full screen, i actually didnt realise you could do that, so just changed the option to Dark Mode, and now can clearly see the chat, but always thought a plugin had to be used, have seen many chat utils that could be used but all appear to be windows based (well recommended ones anyway), but think that should do it for now, so i'll run the chat on the LG, and leave the Mac screen to show the streaming.

I will take a look at some of the chrome plugins as well, but at least I have a few options to go with for now, i did find tho with using the Elgato HD60 the stream sometimes stops, and there does appear to be a big delay as well, but im guessing thats probably down to the mac not having the resources and possible the Elgato software as its still beta, so hence i may look to go PC route for streaming, just deciding if to make it Gaming PC, or just a standard one, but in no hurry for that for right now, i think with the info you have given me and with OBS to play with, that should keep me busy.

cheers Mr Benjo for the info :-D

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:27 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Ugly Geezer
PSN Gamer Tag: UglyGeezer
Twitter Username: UglyGeezer
Steam Tag: UglyGeezer
The delay is common on most streams Noz. For the stuttering, just lower the settings, it will still be head and shoulders above the quality of the usual PS4 streaming.

Offline Profile E-mail Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:09 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Noz UK
PSN Gamer Tag: Noz_UK
Twitter Username: Noz_UK
Steam Tag: Noz_UK
Game Center Tag: Noz_UK
UglyGeezer wrote:
The delay is common on most streams Noz. For the stuttering, just lower the settings, it will still be head and shoulders above the quality of the usual PS4 streaming.

Cheers Mr Geezer shall give that a go before trying OBS, and see if it makes much of difference, for the meantime just gone back to using PS4 for streaming for the next few days, and then look at using the Elgato again and try tweaking the settings, then get this OBS up and running as well.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:54 pm 

Xbox Gamer Tag: Ugly Geezer
PSN Gamer Tag: UglyGeezer
Twitter Username: UglyGeezer
Steam Tag: UglyGeezer
Bwortang will have his up and running soon, we can both pick his brains once he does :twisted:

Offline Profile E-mail Personal album